The Indy Ski Pass can be used for up to 10 free ski days in Tohoku, Japan!
Tohoku Indy Trips
8 and 10 day ski packages handling all of your logistics
While the mainstream resorts on the "Japow" circuit are easy to find and filled with skiers jostling for fresh lines, the smaller independent Japan ski resorts have classically been off limits to all but the most adventurous riders due to language and logistics barriers.
The Tohoku region is the most recent discovery in the Japan ski scene. Reminiscent of now famous resort areas like Niseko 15 years ago, the Tohoku region has lots of pow and no lines and... now includes 5 ski resorts on the Indy Pass!
Join the the Tohoku Indy trip and see Japan's Independent side.
Hokkaido Storm Chaser
7-Days, 2 bases, up to 6 ski hills
The Hokkaido Storm Chaser is a 7-day guided off-piste ski road-trip that hits 6 different Hokkaido resorts. We base out of two main ski hubs--Furano in central Hokkaido and the seaside town of Otaru in southwest Hokkaido.
Each trip is accompanied by English speaking ski guides. Not only will they take you to the best pow-stashes, each trip has daily dinner reservations at authentic Japanese restaurants and plenty of Onsen's (hot springs) on the itinerary.
"One of the best tours I have been on. These guys take you to the best spots, both on and off the slopes. A truly great ski and cultural experience!"
Tohoku Storm Chaser
8-Days, up to 6 ski hills including 1 Cat Ski day
Tohoku is the most recent discovery in the Japan ski scene. Reminiscent of now famous resort areas like Niseko 15 years ago, the Tohoku region has lots of pow and no lines.
8 years ago we went out and found the most untracked, uncrowded and unknown ski hills in the Tohoku region and put them on a platter right here, on the 8-day Tohoku Storm Chaser Trip.
Staying true to our mission of incorporating cultural experiences, authentic restaurants, and trip-hosting, this is the next level trip for finding that hidden side of Japow you know exists, but can't seem to find.
This video contains scenes from the guided Tohoku Storm Chaser and the unguided Indy trips!
Private Tohoku Guiding
Fully customizable to your needs with guiding services including backcountry touring, lift-accessed backcountry, and resort powder guiding, our Hachimantai (Appi area) based guides will work with you to get you the Tohoku powder experience of your life!
Any experienced Japow skier will tell you that resorts in Japan can be extremely strict about off-piste skiing or lift-accessed backcountry. JST has exclusive permission at certain resorts to access terrain that's banned for individual skiers. Prices include a free pick up in the Hachimantai/Appi Resort area and guided destinations are shown in the map to the right.
Japan Ski Tours has guided 600+ guests on epic ski road-trips since the 2014-15 winter season.
All of our guided trips are aimed at strong intermediate to advanced skiers/riders. With a 1:4 guided ratio and a maximum group size of 8, our guides will take you to the best powder stashes available . While we take lifts up, we're rarely inbounds; spending about 80% of our time off-piste and the other 20% of the time riding groomers to access in and out of the sweet spots.
Whether you're looking for a one week powder fix in the most famous powder region of Japan or looking to get off the beaten path and explore the hidden gems of Japow, Japan Ski Tours is just the ticket for you.
On one of our 7-day or 8-day guided ski trips, road trip across the winter kingdom of Hokkaido or venture up to the hidden frontier of Japan's snowy Tohoku region. On each of these trips, you will literally come face to face with Japow and Japan's rich culture, all the while enjoying a mouth watering culinary experience.