- Base elevation: 433m / 1420ft
- Top elevation 1209m / 3966ft
- Vertical drop: 766m / 2,513ft
- A guide required to ski into the trees
- Runs weekends only for ¥4,000 per run per person, maximum of 3 runs in one day
- Guide available for ¥55,000 for any group size up to 6 people. With a guide skiers can ride into the trees, and do sidecountry at the Shizukuishi resort next door
- Custom dates available by request
The CAT skiing operation at Shizukuishi takes place at an extinct side of the Shizukuishi ski resort. The total vertical drop of 766m makes it Japan's longest operating CAT ski run. The CAT goes up an old groomer run that's 4km long before summiting out at 1209m. Skiers who only buy the CAT without an accompanying guide are required to stay on the single groomer all the way back down to the base. Skiers who get a guide can enter the trees which are open and well spaced for with an easy-going pitch of 25-35 degrees most of the way.