- Wilderness First Aid 20時間
日給：¥15,000 ~ 25,000円：約40日のガイド日 約５−10日の空港への送り迎え
We are seeking a bilingual staff who is well acquainted with Hokkaido, the Japanese language and culture and has the qualifications necessary of a tail guide. Our company Japan Ski Tours, isn't just about providing a ski experience in Japan--its about combining that experience with the amazing culture, food, lodging and experience that being in Japan has to offer. The Role:
- Tail guiding within the Otaru and/or Central Hokkaido regions, including ski resorts such as Kiroro, Sapporo Kokusai, Sapporo Teine, Niseko United, Furano, Sahoro, Tomamu, Asahidake.
- Driving a 10-passenger van around the following Hokkaido locations: Sapporo CTS Airport, Asahikawa airport, Sapporo/Otaru region, central Hokkaido region. Shuttling guests on road laps at certain ski resorts.
- Handling logistics on a multi-day ski trip including: picking up clients at the airport, taking them to their lodging, driving them to the ski hill of the day, taking the group out to dinner each night etc.
- Tend to any medical issues, transportation issues or any other such emergencies where the ability to speak fluent Japanese is necessary.
- Work with the lead ski guide to inform clients about what's next on and off the mountain: What to prepare for, including timelines i.e. breakfast/dinner times, van departure times, meet up times etc.
- Give cultural and historical information based off your experience in Japan
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Native - Converstational Japanese language skills
- Native - Converstational English language skills
- Local terrain knowledge of the Niseko/Sapporo area and/or Central Hokkaido area
- Avalanche safety training
- Valid drivers license, with driving experience in Japan and in snowy regions of the country
- Team work: will be paired with a lead ski guide on all trips. Must have the ability to communicate properly with fellow guides regarding the days guiding and off mountain activities
Preference given to those which fit below categories:
- Local to either the Furano or Otaru regions
- Fluent in English and Japanese
- Previous tail guiding experience in Hokkaido
Employment Package Details
- Time Frame: End of Dec 2018- Beginning of March 2019
- Approximately 40 guiding days and 5-10 airport pick up/drop off days.
- Location: Otaru or Furano
- Accommodation: Provided if necessary.
- Salary: ¥15,000-¥20,000 per guiding day. Salary will be determined based on previous experience and qualifications of applicant.
If you're interested in joining the JST team, please contact us with your resume as well as a description of what makes you qualified for this position. Please send all information to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you're interested in joining the JST team, please contact us with your resume.
Employment at Japan Ski Tours
At Japan Ski Tours, we're always looking for qualified guide applicants as well as local bilingual support staff. Japan Ski Tours isn't just about providing a ski experience in Japan--its about combining that experience with the amazing culture, food, lodging and experience that being in Japan has to offer. Guides from abroad receive rigorous training in how to operate in Japan and off-mountain are always accompanied by bilingual staff who handle the cultural and concrete logistics of running a trip in Japan.
Winter Guide Position - A guide applicant will have years of experience winter guiding as well as the necessary avalanche safety certifications and lots of personal trip accomplishments. December 26 to March 10 is a full season for us so it compliments with other ski guide gigs in Alaska and New Zealand. If you're interested in applying for a guiding position with us, send us a note on our Contact Us page.
Dance proficiency is not a application requirement (having fun is)
2018/2019 Season Open Positions
- Seeking bilingual tail guide. These applicants will have significant experience living in Japan, will speak Japanese fluently and speak English at an advanced-to-native level. They will also have a drivers license and considerable experience driving. Someone local to the Hokkaido or Tohoku regions is preferred. These guides will be very familiar with the Furano and Otaru regions and will hold relevant certifications to compliment their skillset.
- Seeking qualified and experienced guides. There is no bilingual requirement although it is a plus. These guides will have years of experience in the guiding industry and hold relevant certifications to compliment their skillset.